How to win a child support modification case:
First, you need to determine if you have the grounds for child support modification. The grounds for child support modification in Texas is predicated on “material and substantial change in circumstances.” The substantial change in circumstances can occur to any of the parties involved (either parent, child, or anyone affected by the order).
You may be eligible to petition to modify child support in Texas when:
The non-custodial parent or obligor:
- Comes into good financial fortune (i.e., lottery or other windfall)
- Experience employment changes (i.e., lose job)
- Receives a substantial pay cut or raise or experience a change in income
- Becomes financially responsible for the support of another biological child
- Lives now with a different parent
- Has special medical, psychological or educational needs
- Has a change in medical insurance
Child support can be modified in Texas either every three years and the monthly amount of the child support order differs by either 20% or $100 from the amount that would be awarded according to child support guidelines or whenever there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances since the child support order was last set.
We are Here to Help
To learn how the Liu Law Firm may help you with your modification or child support matter, call the Liu Law Firm at (469) 949-9227 today. Located at 333 E. Bethany Drive Bldg. H, Suite 110, Allen, TX 75002.
Learn How the Liu Law Firm May Help You
Get In Touch With Us
Submission of this form confirms your acknowledgment and understanding that no attorney-client relationship with our firm has been created.